Saturday 28 March 2009

Glad today is nearly over.

Charlie had been up most of last night, unable to breathe properly. He couldn't stop coughing and Steve & I were awake for most of the night at one time or another. After beginning to vomit after we got up I rang the doctors to find they couldn't fit him in, all the emergency appointments had gone....3 minutes after they opened the phone line...how do people book them so quickly. We ended up taking him to hospital where they said he had a chest infection and was also wheezing quite badly. They put him on a nebuliser which was awful, he was so brave and sat as good as gold holding the mask over his face (at only 2 I was so proud of him) I think it was me that found it harder watching him struggling to get even little breaths in and out. After the nebuliser he was much better and I took him home. Later on this afternoon he deteriorated rather quickly so Steve & I took him back. The wheezing was worse and the doctor said he was having an asthma attack and put him back on the nebuliser. She did suggest keeping him in, but we said we'd take him home and see how he goes. He's coughing again and beginning to wheeze so I don't know if we will have to take him back. Fingers crossed he gets better. I can't bear to see him suffer, he had a tough start to life and I know he is a little toughie deep down, but I worry about him so much. Steve is so upset, he was asthmatic from birth and feels responsible as it can be heriditary, but I wouldn't ever blame him and neither would Charlie. Little man is stirring again, so I'd best go for now.

1 comment:

  1. big hugs!!! its awful when they are sick! i hope your little man gets better soon & that he grows out of the asthma

    ReplyDelete